PUBLIC CALL FOR PROFESSIONAL REPORTING REFUGEES FOR 2017 IN MACEDONIA
The Association of Journalists of Macedonia in cooperation with The Macedonian Young Lawyers Association and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees – UNHCR announces a “Public Call for professional reporting refugees for 2017 in Macedonia.”
The submitted articles and photos will be evaluated by a Committee, composed of prominent journalists, photo reporters and media experts from the Association of Journalists of Macedonia, members of the Macedonian Association of Young Lawyers and representatives of the UNHCR office in Skopje. The Committee will evaluate every submission individually focusing on how the story of the refugees is presented and whether it that contains features of professional reporting.
The submissions should belong to the following categories:
- Article or series of articles
- TV shows, inserts, short documentaries
The submissions should focus on the experience of the refugees, asylum seekers, and potential asylum seekers as well as contribute to a greater understanding of the public regarding the issues related to them.
The submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Represents copyright journalism published in the media during 2017 (from 01/01/2017 until 31/12/2017)
- Includesgenuinestoriesabout the lives of the refugees or asylum seekers
- Shows sensitivityandrespect for the refugees andthe circumstancesunder whichtheyhave fled theirhomes
- The candidates are citizens of the Republic of Macedonia
- The applicants may submit maximum 3 articles/ inserts/photos
- The publications should be formatted and sent in a PDF format, with a date included
- The video materials should be formatted and sent in a CD/DVD format, with a date included
- The photos should be in a JPG format, at least 2000 pixels on the long side and 300 dpi resolution. It should be specified in which medium and when were they published
- The submissions in the prescribed format should be sent by e-mail, at email@example.com and in the subject should be specified the name of the competition; or sent by post / submitted to the office of the Macedonian Young Lawyers Association on Str. Donbas 14/1-6, 1000, in Skopje in a sealed envelope and on the envelope should be written the name of the competition
- For more information about the competition and the submission call tel. 077/587-642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The best ranked submissions will be awarded three prizes, for each category, in the amount of 240,000 MKD total, or:
- first place 40,000MKD, second place 25.000MKDandthird place 15.000 MKD.
The deadline for accepting submissions is May 20th 2018, and only applications received no later than May 20th 2018 shall be taken into account.
Winners will be announced by June 15th 2018, and will be awarded on World Refugee Day, June 20th 2018.