The Association of Journalists of Macedonia in cooperation with Macedonian Young Lawyers Association and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees-UNHCR announces a “Public call for awards for professional reporting on the situation of refugees and stateless persons in the Republic of North Macedonia for 2019“
The submissions should belong to the following categories:
- Article or series of articles
- TV shows, inserts, short documentaries
The submissions should focus on the experience of the refugees, asylum seekers, potential asylum seekers and stateless persons as well as contribute to a greater understanding of the public regarding the issues related to them.
The submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Represents an author’s journalistic achievement published in the media during 2019 (from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019)
- Contains genuine stories about the lives of the refugees, asylum seekers and stateless persons
- Shows sensitivity and respect for the refugees, asylum seekers and stateless persons
- Avoid sensationalism and stereotyping
- The candidates are citizens of the Republic of North Macedonia
The submitted applications and photos will be evaluated by a Commission composed of prominent journalists, photo reporters and media experts from AJM, members of the Macedonian Young Lawyers Association and representatives of the UNHCR office in Skopje, North Macedonia. The Commission will evaluate every submission individually focusing on how the story of the refugees and stateless persons is presented and whether it contains features of professional reporting.
- The applicants may submit maximum 3 articles/ inserts/photos
- The journalistic compositions made in 2019 within the project of MYLA and UNHCR do not qualify for these awards
- The publications should be formatted and sent in a PDF format, with a date included
- The video materials should be formatted and sent via We Transfer, with a date included
- The photos should be in a JPG format, at least 2000 pixels on the long side and 300 dpi resolution. It should be specified in which medium and when were they published
- The submissions in the prescribed format should be sent by e-mail, at email@example.com and in the subject should be specified the name of the Public Call; or sent by post / submitted to the office of Macedonian Young Lawyers Association on Str. Donbas 14/1-6, 1000, in Skopje in a sealed envelope, and on the envelope the name of the Public Call should be written.
- For more information regarding the Public Call and the submission please contact Olgica Tancheva on: 071/395-399 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best ranked submissions will be awarded one prize, in some of the three categories, in the total amount of 120,000 denars, as follows:
The award for the category “Articles or Series of Articles” is 40 000 MKD
The award for the category “TV Shows, inserts, short documentaries” is 40 000 MKD
The award for the category “Photography” is 40 000 MKD
The application deadline is July 05, 2020.
The winners will be announced no later than July 25, 2020.