The Association of Journalists of Macedonia (AJM) and the Goethe-Institut Skopje are announcing a public call for the preparation of media stories (texts or multimedia products) on social topics that will encourage topics of public interest in the media and at the same time encourage editorial solidarity in the journalistic profession.
- A maximum of two journalists applies for one media product
- A total of four journalistic teams are selected each composed of two journalists and will work on 4 different topics of social interest.
- Journalists apply with name and surname, information in which media they work or are engaged as well as a job title on a topic of social interest on which they will work with an explanation of the topic and the manner it will be done. The explanation is expected to be no more than 300 words
- Indicate in which media the media product will be published and they should be published by August 31, 2022
- Preference will be given to applications where the two journalists are from different media in order to encourage mutual cooperation of journalists from different media, however, this is not an application condition
- The competition lasts from June 13th to June 27th, 2022
How to apply?
- Applications for concept ideas for media products should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Contact person: Biljana Nasteska – Kalanoska 02/3298-139
- Applications in the field “subject” should be marked with ”For MEDIA PRODUCT AJM and Goethe – Institut Skopje”
- For each received application, a confirmation receipt will be sent.
- The amount of funds is 300 euros for each journalist who will be selected by the three-member commission
- All applications submitted after the application deadline will not be considered.
About the competition:
Social topics are issues that relate to society’s perception of people’s personal lives. Different societies have different perceptions and what may be “normal” behaviour in one society may be a significant social issue in another society. In that regard, AJM and Goethe-Institut Skopje signed a memorandum of cooperation aimed at encouraging social topics of public interest in the journalistic community and public. Social issues cover a wide range of topics and can be in the field of public health, environment, rights of the LGBT community as well as other marginalized groups, human rights, topics of local public interest typical of rural areas, and gender equality.
After the preparation and publication of the topics of social character, AJM and Goethe-Institut Skopje will organize a public event to promote the topics developed within this competition.